What a satisfying and tasty dish that I stumbled upon while watching Cara Alwill Leyba’s Instagram, @thechampagnediet. (If you don’t follow her… stop everything and do yourself a favor and start). This badass women is so inspiring and she has been on a fantastic health journey and she has been frequently posting various dishes she makes. She had mentioned this fare a few times and I was intrigued to make it and I am so glad I did. Not only is this tasty, it is so easy and fast to prepare. Want to make your own?
You can add your own personal flare (like I did) when you make your bowl but here are some basic steps.
- Heat pan with your oil of choice (I like avocado oil) and saute some Mirepoix (mix of carrots, onions and celery) I bought the pre-chopped mix. The amount depends on how much you want but I cooked about 1 cup for myself.
- Add “riced cauliflower” and buying the “pre-riced” will save you so much time. Isn’t that what it’s all about? I’m not sure about you, but I have a life I want to get back to without spending hours in the kitchen.
- Add your spices of choice. For a “pizza” taste I added pre-chopped garlic, oregano, salt and for an added kick… Harissa! But be warned… you don’t need much of it!
- Now, add a liquid. I added water but you can use broth. I only needed a cup and then cover and let simmer for about 10-15 min depending on the texture you want.
- Once you’ve achieved the texture you wanted, take it off the heat and add either pizza sauce or like I used, marinara sauce. I let this simmer for another minute or 2.
- Finally, remove from the heat and add some shredded cheese. (I also added turkey pepperoni).
I hope you have a chance to make this bowl. It’s certainly a healthier option than actual pizza. I can easily make this entire dish in under 20 min. My boyfriend enjoys it, too. But the thing I love about this, the most, is how filling it is! We had this for lunch one time and we were still stuffed at dinner that we had to skip it. There are a lot veggies contained in this dish, which means it contains loads of fiber, which will help satiate hunger pangs.